Friday, November 21, 2008

Thing #21 Locating Podcasts

I've never heard of any of the podcast finding websites before. I had no idea so many podcasts existed. I used podfeed.net and podcastalley.com to locaate podcasts. I found podfeed.net to be much easier to use and an overall better resource. Podcastalley felt much more limited in its amount of available podcasts only because it existed of a few top 10 podcasts, unlike podfeed which acted as an entire database of available podcasts.
I could see the library using podcasts to help spread the news of what programs and events are happening. I definately see podcasts as a way the library spread news to its staff quickly and efficiently. This would help keep staff informed and would allow news to spread throughout the library quickly instead of relying on word-of-mouth and a location to location basis.

No comments: